Pages

Tuesday 28 September 2021

Oh, No I got Scammed ( How To Avoid getting Scammed or Phished online)

In Te Ngahere we have been learning to avoid Scams and Phishing when we go online. I think this is really important because I know people who have easily been scammed because of pop-ups and emails. This is actually a challenge that was given to us by Manaiakalani. 

One way they try to scam you is by using an unsafe site and then they proceed to ask for your personal information(eg: your g-mail log in) and since they’re using an unsafe site they can easily see what you wrote. To avoid this you look at the lock pad at the top next to the tab bar and if there is a red line through it then it’s unsafe.

Something new that I learnt is that EVERY POPUP IS BAD because they duplicate themselves and they could give you a virus. 

I found this very difficult to do at first because I only included some of the information on why the email/pop-up was fake or legit.

Did my DLO help you with avoiding Scams and Phishing?


5 comments:

  1. Kia ora Gail, my name is Dylan from Ahipara school. I like your blog post about how to avoid getting scammed or phished online. Maybe next time you could add more description to your statements? Anyway keep up the great work, blog ya later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Gail its Nikau from Ahipara school. I really like your blog post about telling people how to avoid getting scammed I like how you how put photos of fake scammers. Keep up the good work and blog ya later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Gail, I´m Samantha from Ahipara school. I really liked your blog post about how to avoid getting scammed online. Maybe next time you could add what the most interesting part of your blog post was for you. Keep up the great work! Blog ya later!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kia ora Gail, I liked your story about avoiding scams
    I learned alot from it and I will be more safe online.
    By Hayden.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Gail, Ken here from Ahipara school. Your post is very cool. I liked how you added images. Maybe next time you could add more of an explantion about what happens after you get scammed. Blog ya later, Ken.

    ReplyDelete