Pages

Thursday 28 October 2021

PAL Day At Paihia School

On the last day of last term all of Paihia got to participate in a “P(hysical)A(ctivity)L(eader) dayP(hysical)A(ctivity)L(eader)” as a fun thing to do for the last day. A PAL day is a sports  day that is ran and organised completely by the tuakana of our school. Some students A Pal day is a sports event that is run and organized completely by the tuakana of our school.

Some students in Te Ngahere were hosting all kinds of games to play like darts(the BIG version), obstacles and soccer. Being a PAL I got to host a game along with my friend Breeze and we choose to do Dodgeball.

The part I enjoyed the most was getting to see all the different types of games that groups were hosting(my favourite was the bike/scooter race.) The hardest challenge I experienced was trying not to get frustrated when the people in our rotation weren’t paying attention while we spoke. To overcome this my buddy and I persevered and tried ignoring the kids that didn’t want to listen.

Something I would do next time is to make sure we have everything prepared beforehand so we weren’t just winging it.

Does your school do sports days like our PAL days?






2 comments:

  1. Hi Gail I really liked that you talked about the different P.ES you do all the stuff you do for P.E sounds very fun but we do different kinds. of P.E from you guys maybe next time you could space out you writing blog ya later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Gail my name is Ruby. I am a year 5 student at Paihia School. It was very eye-catching that you put so much information in your blog. Your blog was cool because you added what PAL meant.

    ReplyDelete