Pages

Wednesday 11 August 2021

Science Fair Mania


Kia ora in Te Ngahere we have recently been focussing a lot of our attention on our Science Fair which started last term and ended yesterday. We started our Science Fair with rewinding some of the people in our classes memory by learning about the scientific method. The scientific method is a series of steps that involves creating a hypothesis, Testing your hypothesis etc… For this we had to create an infographic that explains the steps in our own words.

When we started the science fair we had to pick a question or topic first. In my group was Breeze and Mahana and we choose to test the absorbency of toilet paper.

We also learnt about different types of variables like controlled variables which are the part of your experiment that you are keeping the same. In our science experiment the controlled variable was the two sheets of toilet paper we used every time. 

Something I would have done differently was the fair test part because we only used 2 ply and three ply so it wasn’t really fair. I would also try to manage my time a bit better so everything I did was to the best standard.

I think I used my hoe of Tu maia and Kaha to help me not give up and to keep  on track.

Have you ever participated in a science fair?








 

No comments:

Post a Comment