Pages

Friday 30 July 2021

Dot Plot Graphs




In Te Ngahere we have been learning to analyze and make dot plot graphs. First we had to look at the data of how far Rm1 threw a tennis ball. Next we had to think of statements we could say about the graphs. Then we had to create our own dot plot using the data we were given from how far rm 2 threw there tennis balls. We also had to read statements and decide if they were True or False.

At first when I read the True of false statement that we focussed on I didn’t understand the word “range” in this case so I couldn’t answer the question because I thought it meant how far they threw the ball. I then found out that to find the range you take the highest Value and the lowest value than you find the difference and that is the range. 

Something I could have done better in my DLO is to refer back to both of the dot plot graphs when I was talking about them so it was easy to understand what I was talking about. To elaborate in my Screencast i just showed the True and false questions but now I know that it would’ve been easier to understand if I did show the graphs too.

Have you ever created a dot plot graph before?






1 comment:

  1. Hi Gail I'm Tillie from Ahipara school. I like your writing it was fun to read. Good job but maybe you could add more about what you did. Bye.

    ReplyDelete