Pages

Tuesday 8 June 2021

Sharing My Experiance at Technology



 Last week in Te Ngahere the year 7’s and 8’s got to go to technology at Moerewa School. This term the 8’s are in Wood work with Mr. E and the year 7’s are in cooking with Whaea Dot. I’m a year 8 so I’m in woodworks and we are making our own waka. First we had to measure our wood then using the power tools we cut the wood out. Once that was done we got to glue another piece of wood onto our waka. The other piece of wood is going to be for the bottom of our waka. The next thing I have to do is shape the bottom of my waka using a tool called a plane. The challenging part of this was trying to cut a straightline into the wood when I was using the power tools. The part I found easy was glueing the two pieces of wood together. Does your school have Technology classes?



1 comment:


  1. Kia ora Gail, this is your friend Angela. I really like your blog post because you explained what you had to do in order to make your Waka and you added a picture to go with your post. I also think that it was easy to glue the two pieces of wood together. I am up to making my stand for my Waka so I am very excited about what it will look like in the end. Do you have any designs you are thinking about doing on the ends of your Waka?
    Ka Kite!

    ReplyDelete